This is my first ever attempt at writing a blog, so please forgive any ramblings or any ignorance.
I wanted to write this post as a tribute to the most extraordinary woman I know who also happens to be the absolute love of my life. Why a blog post, you say? Why not just tell her in person? Well you see, I already tell her these things all the time, but mainly I cannot think of a better or more creative way to tell her because she LOVES reading blogs. LOVES READING THEM!!! She religiously checks in on certain blogs to catch updates as soon as they are posted even if we are right in the middle of a TV show or movie. While some may not understand the habit or may become annoyed, I don't feel that way at all. I just believe she wants to live life to the fullest and one way she goes about doing that is by sharing life through others' experiences as well as her own. And, I love her all the more for that.
In fact, this inaugural post is simply a list of 100 reasons why I love her. The actual total is astronomical, but to my knowledge writing to infinity takes awhile so I will stick to a hundred. These gems are not in any certain order; rather I will simply post them as they come to me. As I go along, I'm sure certain memories may spark the next item listed. I'm also quite certain that not all items will be fully understood by those who read them, but please humor me and allow the two of us a small amount of information that only we "get". Some items found here may be quotes from one another while others may simply be experiences we have shared. Each has in some way left an indelible impression. And lastly, I was always good in math and sciences so my English skills blow pudding. Those with a degree in the English studies arena please avert your eyes or find a towel to gnaw on for a few moments.
So with those disclaimers behind us, let us begin...
O' fair Princess Hilwe! O' how I love thee! Let me count thy ways...
Well, it's at least a hundred!
I love her because of...
100. A Father's Day confirmation
99. Amigo's ultrasound and heartbeat
98. The way she loves my daughter
97. The way she loves me
96. Mama Norma
95. Those crazy Bellman women
94. Our homemade garden stone
93. Trips to the lake
92. Amusement parks
91. The Inn at Bay Harbor
90. The shower at the Inn at Bay Harbor
89. Making it work
88. Enjoying crazy
87. Busting her backside while trying to kick me in mine
86. Fried egg sandwiches with cheese and mustard
85. Pad Thai
84. Food Network
83. Laziness on the couch
82. Sleeping in
81. Learning to cope with each other's baggage
80. Cursing a woman in Louisville that we've never met for dragging her feet
79. My new friends in Franklin
78. Her blue dress
77. Leaving scars
76. Graham "Cracker"/Nora Hayes
75. Abbey and Dori
74. Taco Bell
73. Kissing before our first date
72. Inappropriate boob grab
71. A long, long list of firsts
70. Facebook stalking
69. Announcing that we are "in a relationship"
68. Coppola merlot
67. Bringing in the new year
66. Our night of wine when the TV was never turned on
64. "I'd Rather Be With You"
63. Her beautiful brown eyes
62. Her amazing legs
61. Her most noted "assets"
60. Now watching her TV shows
59. Vegan cookbooks
58. Our "disagreements"
57. Her magic rollerskate
56. Planning how to break big news
55. Planning an eternity together
54. English bulldog puppies
53. Her love of photography
52. Her piercings
51. Losing count
50. Getting lost while using a GPS
49. Her crying during commercials, songs, books and movies
48. Planning future trips
47. Her ticking clock now silenced
46. Her laugh
45. Her rapidly changing body
44. The mother she will be to our children
43. Her quirkiness
42. Her making me say 'I Love You' first
41. Being there to catch each other when we fell so quickly
40. Her heart
39. Her being so much more than I could have ever dreamed for
38. Her love of blogs
37. The way she apologizes for everything
36. Her need to buy too many magazines
35. Bbming so much through the day that my battery goes dead mid-afternoon
34. Her smile
33. Her toes
32. 'I Love You More'
30. 'I Like You'
29. One uppers
28. The way we say good morning every single day
27. The way we say good night every single day
26. The way she takes care of me
25. Michael Bublé
24. Norah Jones
23. Playlists we only listen to at certain times
22. Holding hands
20. The fact that she is as beautiful inside as she is on the outside
19. All of her black undergarments
18. Mind-blowing Earth-shattering... :)
17. All of her tank tops
16. Flirting via Twitter
15. Her kisses
14. Her hugs
13. Her touch
12. Her smell
11. The fact that she is my best friend
10. Our "Party" in October
9. A navy pinstripe suit with a red tie
8. Seeing her in a beautiful navy blue dress
7. Matching wedding rings
6. A .91 carat 18k white gold band with channel set princess diamonds and pave set brilliants
5. A 1.00 carat cushion cut diamond
4. Fulfilling her wishes for a dream proposal
3. Making her read this post to occupy her for a couple minutes
2. Rose petals leading the way
Earlier I posted that these were in no particular order, and to this point that has been true. However, this particular reason does need to be listed here.
The Number One reason why I love her so much is because of...
1. What happens next...
Babydoll, I don't want to wait a couple weeks... so would you mind getting up and meeting back in the bedroom?
I'm waiting for you, and I have something I would like to ask...